Friday, August 5, 2011

Break my heart for what breaks yours

     I went to the Casting Crowns concert last night with a friend, and I was struck by many of the lyrics in their songs. There seemed to be a theme that said "We as Christians need to stop judging and pointing our fingers at the "sinners" and start showing mercy and love". One of the songs contained the line "break my heart for what breaks yours". I was reminded of the conversation I had with a friend about Kaylee Anthony and how surprised she was when I commented. "What I see when I look at Kaylee Anthony is a girl who is broken and lost and in need of God's grace, and who is being condemned by the entire world." Where did this view of her come from? I am a little surprised myself to realize that Christ is changing my heart, and I believe I saw her not through my own eyes but through His.
     Which brings me back to the east side of Flint. When Casting Crowns sang the song "Does Anybody Hear Her?" I couldn't help but picture in my mind the women we come in contact with through ministry there. Broken, hurting, sad, and hopeless women. They are desperate for someone to offer them hope. There are too few of us there offering them the hope they long for. I got all choked up during the song just thinking about all those women, and seeing each ones face as the song progressed.
     It seems God is answering that prayer of my heart; "break my heart for what breaks yours".
     I don't know what else to say except please pray for these women, and if God is breaking your heart for them, get out there and into the frontlines of the mission field; that can be found in our own back yard; and share the hope He gave you.

"Does Anybody Hear Her"

She is running
A hundred miles an hour in the wrong direction
She is trying
But the canyon's ever widening
In the depths of her cold heart
So she sets out on another misadventure just to find
She's another two years older
And  she's three more steps behind

Does Anybody hear her? Can anybody See?
Or does anybody even know she's going down today
Under the shadow of our steeple
with all the lost and lonely people
Searching for the hope that's tucked away in you and me
Does anybody hear her? Can anybody see?

She is yearning
For shelter and affection
That she never found at home
She is searcing
For a hero to ride in
To ride in and save the day
And in walks her prince charming
And he knows just what to say
Momentary lapse of reason
And she gives herself away

If judgement looms under every steeple
If lofty glances from lofty people
Can't see past her scarlet letter
and we never even met her

He is running
a hundred miles an hour in the wrong direction




No comments:

Post a Comment